Friday, August 12, 2011

Tuffy


Okay, so maybe NC State isn't that bad. Okay, I said it. I was raised as a Carolina fan and taught to not like anything to do with State. Red and black were always forbidden colors. Why the change in attitude? Jeremy, the biggest State fan I know, is one reason. The second is the dog pictured above. His name is Tuffy (just his stage name, actually) and is the official live mascot for NC State. He just happens to live in New Bern and is owned by one of my clients. He looks like a wolf but is actually a Tamaskan. The owner of the dog wants to do a news story with Tuffy and our store--a kind of good samaritan story--and Tuffy is there to thank us. The reason is that I recently caught someone selling jewelry that had been stolen from her. I rarely work in the gold buying area of our store but was taking over for a few minutes one day recently when someone was selling a handful of jewelry. I recognized one of the pieces in the group as something I had custom made for my client a few years ago. I tracked her down and let her know what was going on before she even knew the jewelry was stolen. The thief was arrested later that weekend. Of all the stores in town that buy gold, this person chose to sell it to the one store who knows the real owner, and sold it to the jeweler who made the piece. How great is that?

1 comment:

  1. How stupid was that girl? That was a miracle in disguise for her to wind up in your store, and you that had done that piece of jewelry. Yea...that dog looks like a wolf alright, but he looks sweet just laying there. They'll be a cool story when it's published. It seems like there's always something going on in that store all the time.Send me a copy when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete