Saturday, February 25, 2012
Mardi Gras refugee
So, last night Puppy was barking like crazy. I just assumed it was a deer in the woods or one of the cats bothering her. I would have peeked out the window but I was already in my pajamas, in bed, and reading my book (Bossypants by Tina Fey, which is hysterical). Anyway, Jeremy was in the shower while all this was going on and when he came back into the bedroom, I told him she was going crazy outside so he decided to go investigate. After 5 minutes, Jeremy came back inside and told me I had to go outside with him to see what the fuss was about. I looked at the clock. It was 11 :45 pm. If it's late, and if I'm in my pajamas and in bed, it had better be something REALLY interesting to get me outside. Jeremy leads me to the middle of the driveway and there, crawling through the gravel, is a lobster. And then I thought "Dummy, there wouldn't be a lobster in your driveway. THAT is a scorpion." Then I thought "Dummy, that's not a scorpion (that wouldn't make sense), it is OBVIOUSLY a tiny lobster." Then it hit me. It was a crawfish. And it made noises at us. Creepy crawfish noises. Jeremy scooped him up in a plastic container (that still smelled like my curried tuna salad so I'm sure the crawfish appreciated that) and threw him into a puddle, away from the dog. I guess Mardi Gras was just too much for him and he decided to skip town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What? No picture!
ReplyDeleteI know, I know! It was so late and we weren't thinking! The next time he shows his ugly face around here, we'll be ready with the camera!
DeleteThat is just too funny....wish you did get a picture of that!! Once in a lifetime......
Delete