Thursday, March 22, 2012
Sometimes, the truth hurts
Jackson was playing with his Big Bird and Kermit stuffed animals the other night, making them talk to each other. He put Big Bird right in front of Kermit and said "Hi. I'm Mommy. I'm busy." Ouch. I think it's coming from the fact that I'm so rushed when I get home from work everyday. I usually get in around 6:30, then we rush to get dinner made, clean up the kitchen, then it's bath time, and before you know it, it's bed time. I guess somewhere in the process, when Jackson has said to me "Up, please!" or "Mommy play trains? Play cars?", I must have said that I was busy cooking, cleaning, or doing something else. So since that talk between Kermit and Big Bird, Jeremy has really pitched in even more around the house these past few days, even surprising me with having dinner ready when I got home yesterday. What a great husband! And even though Jackson's er, I mean Big Bird's comment hurt the other night, I'm glad he let me know that Mommy needs to cool it with the chores and play with Jackson more at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yea,I know that had to hurt...I've seen how Jackson gets so excited when you come in from work...so I know that your tired,but before you know it their all grown up, so enjoy him while you can...he's a precious little boy!!
ReplyDeleteThere's an old song that makes me sad every time I hear it. It came out in the 70s, and it speaks exactly to what you experienced. It happened with my parents, and it happened between us when you were little, but that doesn't make it right. We all get busy and caught up in things and it doesn't really hit home until you have a "Big Bird/Kermit moment". I've had my share. The song is "Cat's In The Cradle" by Harry Chapin.
ReplyDeleteDon't beat yourself up over this experience, you are just normal like the rest of us.
I Love You
Daddy
You give him so much time and what a great job you are doing. I am so proud of you and your family. Just be thankful Jackson doesn't have to go to day care every day.
ReplyDeleteBut I got to say, Jackson is one smart little boy.
I love the video.