We have been putting Jackson on his activity mat everyday for the past month or so. He loves to stare at the octopus and rattle that hang from the top--he usually smiles at the octopus! That's all that he's really been able to do--just stare at the different shapes, lights, and colors.
Yesterday, I put him on the mat and was walking out of the living room when I heard the rattle shaking. I ran back in and he had gripped one of the toys hanging from the octopus! Yay! He hasn't learned how to let go yet but we're definitely making progress!
You're right - first they kinda bat at it, then they somehow get it in their hands and then they have to learn to let go! Loving all the news of the progress he is making. GO, Jackson!!
ReplyDeleteI want to get a mirror that moves around. I remember someone in the family had the neatest one, may have been Garrett. Seems every kid loves to look and smile.
ReplyDeleteI can tell he is growing, it will be so much fun for you to see the different things he can do. And it never stops, maybe a bit around 16.
What a sweet journey you and Jeremy have.
I love you, Maw