Baby spit up doesn't really bother me anymore. Sure, there's the occasional projectile "soaker" that requires a change of clothes but for the most part, I'm not bothered by spit up. In fact, I went to work on Saturday with a spit up stain on my skirt because I didn't have time to change and I just didn't care that much. I figure that as a new mom, I can get away with this.
I'm also used to being peed on occasionally. I think this comes with the boy territory. I've learned to better protect myself and get out of the line of fire.
What I'm not used to is the diaper blow-out, especially when it happens on my lap, which is what happened yesterday morning. Not only did Jackson require a change of clothes, I also had to change my pants, clean the chair I was sitting in, and mop the floor directly under the chair. Ew.
You can thank me later for not posting a picture to go along with this post!
Aaahhh, yes - the joys of motherhood.
ReplyDeleteYou're right - no need to worry about the stained clothes for the next few years - it's just part of the territory!
And thanks for no pictures - the visual memories are enough!
The visual is enough, no pictures please. Oh, I could go back a little over thirty years and pull a few stories from my memory. Little girls can also have their moments.
ReplyDeletePapa/Daddy
haha, oh my. That sounds like a battle. a very stinky battle :)
ReplyDeleteCopied from one of the post before me "Oh, I could go back a little over Fifty years and pull a few stories" Ha Ha.
ReplyDeleteThe most dreaded ones go straight for the face. You learn to not talk while changing.
Lots of fun for the future and you never ever fuss.
Hey--that's just the way boys are. I don't mind changing him when I'm down there next week. I'll let you and Jeremy rest while I'll spoil him a little bit! Can't wait!! I love you!!
ReplyDelete