Here are a couple of pictures from our July 4 weekend. We went to the Croaker Festival in Oriental and were able to catch the parade. For those of you who are wondering what on earth a "croaker" is, it's a fish. Apparently, it sounds like it's croaking when it's out of the water, which I suppose it is "croaking" (as in dying) when out of the water. But these fish actually make a croaking sound. Anyway, Jackson enjoyed the parade until the firetrucks starting honking their horns. Thankfully, they were at the end of the parade.
Jackson is getting much better with his walking. We walk him up and down the driveway and around the yard everyday. He begs to go outside all the time. Jeremy and I have resorted to spelling "outside" around him because as soon as he hears the word, he starts saying "Outside? Outside? Outside? OUTSIDE!" It's difficult to explain to a 17 month old that we can't go outside because it's raining, or it's dark, or it's just too hot! Once we're finally outside and in the yard, he says "Walk! Walk!"
This brings me to Jackson's latest shocking accomplishment--counting. Earlier this week, we were on our way up the steps of the porch after our afternoon walk and Jackson started counting each step as we went up. Seriously. Not all of the numbers are clear ("three" is "thee") but he's definitely counting. Can you believe it?
I have been checking daily for an update on Jackson. Thank you
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I can believe he is counting and talking so well, I raised his PaPa and I am use to surprises. Jackson has his PaPa's ability. He sure is cute. You and Jeremy are doing a fantastic job. I am proud of you.
Love you
Well, as soon as I get up there, I'll be spending alot of time with Jackson outside. He's a smart little boy, and growing up fast! Can't wait to spoil him again!!!! Love ya'll
ReplyDelete