Monday, June 13, 2011

16 Month Vocabulary List


Jackson is 16 months old and seems more and more like a little boy instead of a baby! He still isn't walking yet but is cruising around on the furniture, walls, and windowsills like a champ. His vocabulary is improving, as well. His list of words/phrases so far are:




  • Hi


  • Hello


  • Daddy


  • Mommy


  • Elmo


  • Puppy


  • Cat


  • Ball--typically, anything round is a "ball" to Jackson, including a scared turtle.


  • "Sit!"--to our dog and includes a pointing finger!


  • Outside


  • Let's go


  • Bye-bye


  • Uh-oh


  • All gone


  • Flower (but comes out more like "flar")



  • Thank you (but sounds like "day doo")


Tuesday morning edit


Two more that I had forgotten about:



  • Wow!

  • Oh, man!--usually spoken after he has hit his head on something

3 comments:

  1. A-ha....maybe this wororked. I clicked the link to open in a new window to post comments. I am glad that Jackson is into conversation now. When I come down next week we will be able to chat a while. Matybe he will tell me how he is being treated.

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets see if this works.
    Give my smart boy a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so funny, especially the Oh man. He makes me laugh all the time! Miss ya and can't wait to see you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete