
Jackson got to spend time blowing (and popping) bubbles with his cousin, Zoey. Zoey is an
excellent bubble popper, by the way. I had many requests to blow a "really BIG bubble" which is difficult to do when the one requesting the "really BIG bubble" pops it in your face as soon as it leaves the bubble wand. Just sayin'....

Jeremy and I decided to drive down to Wilmington for a change of scenery and to eat at Flaming Amy's Burrito Barn. Of course, Jackson came along and looked super-cool wearing my sun glasses.

While there, we decided to drive down to Fort Fisher and look around. Fort Fisher isn't quite what I remembered it to be--it's basically a big sandy hill and if you squint your eyes and use your imagination, you can
kind of tell that it used to be a fort. I'm not sure why they haven't done more to preserve it. We were a little disturbed to learn that there's a nuclear power plant directly across the water from Fort Fisher. Yikes. I think that the next time we need a historical fort fix, we'll head back down to Fort Macon at Atlantic Beach. It's really close by, is well maintained, and doesn't have a nuclear power plant within sight. Plus, we can work in a stop at El's Drive-in for shrimp burgers. Flaming Amy's was pretty good but I'd rather go to El's!
Cute pictures of Zoey and Jackson. You look cute also in your white dress. Looks like you all had a good time in Wilmington, despite the power plant. Love you!!!
ReplyDelete